At Andover High School in Massachusetts, William was a straight A student and skilled football player which made him quite attractive to colleges. Once an Ivy League school contacted him, he felt the need to improve his academic standards even more.
Will Heikkinen is a well-rounded student. In addition to his excellent academic record, he loves sports, and volunteers in the community.
Will played on his high school football team, the Golden Warriors in Andover, Massachusetts. His jersey number was 85.
Will’s football achievements are quite impressive:
- He lettered in football all three years
- The Boston Globe and Boston Herald named him First Team All-State (after recording 72 catches for 1,175 yards and 9 touchdowns his senior year)
- He was selected to the All-Merrimack Valley Conference
- Named Student Athlete of the Month by the Eagle Tribune Andover’s local newspaper.
- He finished his high school football career with 126 catches for 1,960 yards
- He also had seven career interceptions on defense
In addition to consistently making Honor Roll, Will also:
- Lettered in track and field
- Was a Winner of the Chemistry and Survey of Film Underclassmen awards
William Heikkinen is currently a freshman at Brown University, which is an Ivy League School. Just as he did in high school, you can bet Will is motivated to push himself to excel in academics as well as his chosen sport. He is definitely one to watch.